- The first qualifier of Tournament of Legends III took place last weekend at Winter Brawl with players coming not only from the US but also Canada and France. Congratulations to Krost for being the first qualified player! For some reason the brackets are down right now. They will be posted here if they get fixed. Video | Results
- WNF @ e-sports Arena in LA took place on Wednesday with a final between tomo Ryu and eltrouble Dhalsim. No brackets available. Video
- Monday Night Fights @ Arkadeum run their #66 weekly event. The final this week was between H-Zero and illegal. Bracket | Video
- The Lost Ark arcade in NC run another Super Turbo Sessions of casuals. It was all recorded in their stream archive.
- IFixMachine also had their Super Turbo session in NY and it was also recorded in their youtube channel.
- In order to enjoy Ito‘s mastery of multiple characters before his participation on Daigo‘s challenge, Opemai Claw has posted a 40 minute set between Ito Ryu and MAO Claw on his channel. Any Ryu player who wants to learn how to play against Claw should watch this set. He plays a more defensive style than Futachan Ryu but still using all of new Ryu’s tools with precision to counter MAO.
- Mattsun announced the dates of the X-er tournament, their 3rd edition. It will be on March 18. X-er is one of the 4 majors happening in Tokyo every year. In this case, it’s a 2vs2 tournament with the rule that only those that have never won a major in the past (in the history of the game) are allowed to participate.
- Some more gems found by Xgamerz in the buried old footage of the Japanese arcades. An 18 minute set from 2016 between Yuuvega and Sashishi Ryu, and a 10 minute set from 2015 between Muteki Guile and MB DJ (his main is Boxer).
- Space Shuttle weekly team tournament (Chubu) with Futachan Ryu and MAO as team captains. This week’s highlight, besides the usual weird intro, is Prince ChunLi using Guile, which was the character he was using in the early days. He does a perfect to a Dhalsim player at minute 10:55 which is not very common to see. [source: MAO’s nico channel]
- Gamespot Versus special tournament (Kanto). The fancy rule this time is that they made two teams separated by age. “Youngs” vs “Olds”. Read the video description if you want to know who is the oldest and who is the youngest.
- North vs South tournament from the HL-SEGA arcade (Kansai) by Shogatsu. The very O.G. Mori Boxer and Takanotsume Zangief are defending their teams in the final.
- Gamespot Versus weekly team tournament (Kanto) with the team victory decided in the very last match between the two captains, Kawasim Dhalsim and Palestina ChunLi. [source: GSV youtube channel]
- Game Daytona Shiki weekly tournament (Kanto). With their usual “winner stays on” format. There are always 2 laps. This week’s final is between Aoki Cyclone Zangief and Tomoza Blanka.
- Playland F1R 2on2 tournament (Tohoku). From the remote arcade in the very far north of Japan. As always, teams and timestamps are in the video description.
- Ladosenet run their monthly ranking battle with 26 players and with Isimorn and Zarghatt making it to the final. Video | Bracket
- SWGA Bordeux run a local tournament with the following final podium: Wolmar, Soon and Kazuhya. Unfortunately, there are no videos available.
- The guys behind the Fightcade Offline Festival in Spain have announced that Spinalblood and Dany Vega will be coming from Italy to participate in the tournament as well as Golcarjack from the UK.
- Fightcade opened their beta to the public so any registered user can start testing it. A lot of improvements have been added to this version. They also created a Patreon site for those who have been asking to support the project for the longest time. Beta download
- XSPR has recently released a new version of the tool called TRUST (v10), which lets you programmatically automate character moves for your training mode. He also created video tutorials, both in English and Japanese, on how to install and set up the tool.
- Although we have been mentioning the recent posts of Fudd DJ for the #STNotW (ST Normal of the Week), he has been doing it for a while. Fourteen weeks to be more precise. Chris Delp has provided a full list of these posts written in the Free Play Arcade group. Last week, the post was about Ryu far standing strong.
- This week, on February 23rd, our beloved game turned 24. Really looking forward to next year’s 25th anniversary to rock the party!