- NorCal Regionals in Sacramento happened on the weekend and most of the tournament was streamed on the TeamSp00ky channel. Riz0ne Dictator was the player who defeated eltrouble Dhalsim in the final and got the qualifier spot for ToL3. There were so many matches finishing at the last round of the last game. Also with the privilege of having James Chen and Riz0ne on the mic for the most part. Remember that you can get the final signed poster of the Tournament of Legends that will list all the qualified players. Stream (minute 2:14:45) | Bracket
- The next ToL3 qualifier will be at Texas Showdown in Houston on May 4-6.
- The Lost Ark arcade in NC run another Super Turbo Sessions of casuals on the weekend. Even if it’s casuals the names of the players were updated on screen. Damdai and Rekkaken were some of the guests attending the event. Stream video
- Monday Night Fightcade @ Arkadeum run their #71 weekly event. The final this week was between NormanJr911 Old Ken and Rakanishu Blanka. Bracket | Video | Leaderboard
- Gamespot Versus weekly team tournament (Kanto) with Jenety Old Chun making a very long run for his team and Makiri Ken (a US player living in Japan) placed at the end of the tournament along the other top players. Tomoza Dictator and Suzuka Dhalsim were team captains. [source: GSV youtube channel]
- With the last big East vs West event of few weeks ago, Space Shuttle in Nagoya (Chubu) said good bye to their weekly team tournaments of Friday for now. MAO confirmed it but said he will keep posting FT5 videos on MAO DB from time to time. This week he posted 4 new ones: Edo Chunli vs Hanmokku Blanka, Hanmokku Blanka vs Futachan DJ, Edo ChunLi vs Superstar Boxer, Miyamiya Ryu vs Edo ChunLi.
- The X-er tournament (2vs2) that happened a few weeks ago in Tokyo has been posted unofficially on youtube with annotations to all the matches. This is a tournament meant for advanced players to have a chance to win a major since other top players that have won a major before are not allowed to participate.
- Gamespot Versus weekend tournament (Kanto) which was basically Yakitori Old Hawk and then Shiki Boxer against the world. Both of them defeating everyone on their way.
- Gamespot Versus special tournament (Kanto). A very high level 3vs3 tournament as part of their XV3on3S series. Yakitori Old Hawk does it again and it starts being ridiculous as he has been probably breaking all the records for the last two years which definitely puts him way ahead of other T. Hawks right now.
- Game Daytona Shiki weekly tournament (Kanto). With their usual “winner stays on” format. There are always 2 laps. This week’s final is between Kabuki-kun Boxer and Tomoza Dictator.
- North vs South tournament from the HL-SEGA arcade (Kansai) by Shogatsu. Matsu Blanka and Yonesaki Dhalsim are defending their teams in the final.
- Amipara Technoland special tournament (Kansai). Last week we posted their belated February edition. This week it’s their March edition, again with their East vs West side tournament too.
- After the main event at the Fightcade Offline Festival (Spain) there was an exhibition match that has been posted now on youtube. It’s called ‘MAO vs The World’, a series of FT5 against the other top European players (except for TMF).
- The LaDoseNet group has officially announced two more European qualifiers for Tournament of Legends III. One in Lyon on July run by LaDoseNet and another one on August in Morlaix run by the First Attack group. There is a 300 euros guaranteed price for the qualified players. There is also a new specific Facebook group for the events.
- The guys from the Player’s Bar in Riom decided to start a ranking battle. This week they had some visitors from Lyon as well. The grand final was between Zarghatt and Nayma. Bracket